The full survey results can be found here.
- 70% are women
- 36% are between 25 and 34 years old and 36% are between 35 and 44
- 12% do not hold a college degree or 88% have a college degree or higher
- 90% have income sources other than their travel blog
- 65% make less than $100 a month from their blog
- 71% contribute freelance blog posts to other websites
- 59% make less than $100 a month from these freelance blog posts
- 66% have a combined household income over $50,000
The moral of the story is that the majority of travel bloggers do not make money from blogging for themselves or others, so don't quit your day job!